A home care agency is looking for enthusiastic, reliable Health Care Assistants to join a thriving business providing a high-quality and much-needed service to vulnerable people throughout the Bromley area. You will receive a 2-3% monthly «consistency» bonus (sticking to agreed availability / roster), tax-free mileage allowance of £0.40 / mile that is paid by us, holiday pay, a company pension scheme, private healthcare plus unbeatable pay. Comprehensive and on-going training and support will be given during the recruitment process.
As the Health Care Assistant your duties will include::
- Personal care and hygiene
- Food prep, medication, shopping, housework and social support
To be a successful Health Care Assistant you will have the following skills and experience:
- Full UK driving licence, with access to your own vehicle with MOT and insurance.
- Previous care experience is preferable but is not essential- any experience would be amazing from previous caring for family.
- Level 2 health and social care.
- Flexibility and availability to work the company hours.
- 100% committed to helping improve the quality of life of vulnerable peopl.
- An enhanced CRB background check — costing £52.
- An update DBS will be taken as long it is in date and can be checked by the Care manager.
- Able to communicate clearly in English with someone who may be confused or hard of hearing.
- Valid to work in the UK.
The vacant working hours available for this role will be:
- Weekday mornings — 7am-11am
- Evenings — 5pm-10pm
- Weekends — (ALL hours)
There are also opportunities for night shifts and 24-hour Live-in care according to your availability.
In return, the Health Care Assistant will receive an hourly pay rate of £8.05 — £10.50 per hour DOE, which increases after probation and with duration of employment.